Tuesday, February 9, 2010

new beginnings and an official request

You Say: "It's impossible."
God says: All things are possible. (Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired."
God says: I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me."
God says: I love you. (John 3:16 and John 3:34)

You say: "I can't figure things out."
God says: I will direct your steps. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it."
God says: You can do all things. (Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able."
God says: I am able. (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "I am afraid."
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear. (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I feel all alone."
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)

No excuses. Now, what is God calling you and your family to do? We are excited to share about our call to adopt and our response. These details will slowly unfold in upcoming posts. We had a lot of excuses to ignore the call or just postpone it. In the end, we took the plunge. We got out of the boat. We are done with the paperwork pregnancy. Whew! What took some people 4-6 months to complete took us 10 1/2 months to complete. I'm not boasting; it's just no surprise. Am I ever early?? Noooo. Many setbacks waited behind every new document needed including a mysterious illness. Was it malaria? dengue fever? Fever of an unknown origin was the official diagnosis. We now have a DTE (Dossier To Ethiopia) of 12/11/09. We are officially requesting an infant boy, 0-18 months as a single placement or an infant boy and a boy or girl sibling, 0-6 years old. Are we afraid? At times. Anxious? At times. I love the truth found in II Timothy 1:7.
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
We gladly put on God's spirit. As Keith says, "I am tired of living life in fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment