Sunday, February 21, 2010

Questions and Answers

I've been chewing on a question for a few days.

How can I best document all that has gone into our adoption process through today?

Some families start their blogs in the earliest stages, recording important mile markers along the way. We're jumping in to the adoption blog world a little later. Our paperwork is in. WHEW! Our dossier was sent to Ethiopia on 12-11-09. Amazingly, we began the process on 1-26?-09. Over the past year, we've been burdened for orphans. Yes, burdened. God has been changing us from the inside out.
After recently attending two adoption events, a CBC Mug-N-Muffin (think women, coffee, great speakers, tears and laughter) and a Sunday class highlighting the Martine's adoption story, I've seen the value in documenting one's thoughts and experiences throughout the adoption process. Videos, blogs and photos are incredible testimonies of God's ability to perfectly knit together a family. They tell a story, a personal testimony.
The details of today might be forgotten next year (or next week) if not documented. So, I'd like to answer a few questions that I've asked myself or been asked over the past year. Help me out. Please send me questions regarding our adoption decision and the process thus far. My goal is to be as transparent and authentic as possible in order to leave a history of this incredible journey.
Look for the answers to:
Which adoption agency did you choose? Why?
Why did you pick Ethiopia?
What was the hardest part about the paperwork process?
What's next? How does the adoption timeline look?
What made you decide to adopt?
Are you crazy?
. . . and more

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to know how you and Keith first started the discussion. Who felt the tug first and how did you guys come to agreement on it?

    ReplyDelete