Monday, March 29, 2010

A Hunch

Before I drifted off to sleep last night, I told Keith that this just might be our week. I have a hunch, a feeling, that our referral is coming this week. I've been wrong before. I'll be okay (yet disappointed) if it doesn't come, but it would be remarkable to document my hunch and to see it happen! Now that this is posted, we'll all see. This is absolutely not scientific or factual. However, I have a couple of reasons behind my hunch.
#1: We're "on deck." This means in the America World circles that we received an email (on January 27th, I believe) which states that we're projected to receive a referral 1-3 months from the date received. 2 months and counting . . .
#2: Many families are passing court. This means that they've received their referrals and are passing the next step before traveling to Ethiopia. The bottle neck before us is lightening up.
#3: A friend shared with me at bible study tonight that she dreamed we received our referral this week for one 3 month old boy and one 4 year old boy. We did request one or two precious ones.
#4: My mom and dad are visiting this week. Keith's mom and dad are visiting this weekend. I'd love to share this with them.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I am certain that Jesus lived in this world, died on a cross, and rose from the dead three days later. He conquered death. This Easter, I will celebrate my hope in Him. I do not see the Spirit speaking on behalf, but I am certain that I being represented because of the promise found in Romans 8:26. "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Keith, Joshua, and I have prayed countless times for our family including our adopted children. We prayerfully made the decision to adopt. I love being firmly in God's hand. He knows the date of our referral. Without a doubt, His timing is perfect. I have faith that this referral is coming. I have faith that God is at work although I can't see His hand.

2 comments:

  1. We cannot wait to rejoice with you when the time comes! I pray your hunch is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is never early, never late... and always right on time! I pray the wait is short until you two can hold the rest of your family in your arms!

    ReplyDelete