Monday, March 29, 2010

Who felt the tug first and how did you guys come to agreement on it?

Good question. Believe it or not, Keith felt lead to adopt a boy from Ethiopia in November of 2008 during an event highlighting the plight of orphans, particularly in Ethiopia. God spoke to Keith's heart while Tom Davis spoke to our intellects. Plans were in the works to expand our family, but we weren't thinking of adopting, not then, at least. I think we always thought it was a possibility after Joshua was older, as in a high school student. After time to think it through, we decided to be obedient to the call. We officially turned in our application about 2 months later in January of 2009.
Incidentally, God spoke to me at the same event, " . . . not an orphan, an orphanage." Huh? Did you say a whole orphanage, God? I'm still not sure what it means. I know that I will hear more when the time is right.

1 comment:

  1. "An orphanage".... you know my friend... since I started following the kisses from Katie blog... I have heard "an orphanage" as well.. If a 20 year old can make such a difference... just imagine. I keep waiting to hear the details from God...in His time.

    ReplyDelete