Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bringing Ben Home!

This time there is no dust to blow off my passport. I just returned it to it's folder in my cabinet. Of course, I am happy to bring it out again and earn another collector's stamp on it's pages. ETHIOPIA in fading blue ink. AWAA called us this morning with the news. My heart was racing as I played phone tag with Teresa Spencer from AWAA and my husband.
We are cleared for travel from July 3rd to July 9th. Our embassy date is July 7th. At long last, we will bring Abenezer home. As I have said before, this adoption process has been a lesson in waiting. This is the sweetest lesson though. After being asked to wait, wait, wait, God moves in a whirlwind, and we can only hang on for the ride.
I have vowed to spend the next couple of weeks backtracking to record the events of court and my first few days with my baby boy.
Thank you, Jesus, for this incredible gift at just the right time. Thank you, friends, for your many prayers and encouragement. You are all precious to me! Abenezer, I am ready to gaze into your big beautiful eyes again. We are bringing you home!
Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you!!!!! Yippee Jesus!!!! Go get your boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His perfect Timing!

    ReplyDelete