Thursday, June 24, 2010

Early Hour Prayer Session

Around 3 am, I searched for my glasses on the nightstand and peered at the alarm clock across the room. I was past the point of pretending to be in between sleep. After a bowl of Kashi cereal, I settled in my green armchair with my bible and Beth Moore's Praying God's Word.
I quickly found what God wanted to share with me.

"Your way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of Your feet." Nahum 1:3

My lesson again. God called me to wait, wait, wait until I firmly fixed my eyes on Him. At last I gave up "doing" on my own. I acknowledged my exhaustion from trying to figure out the wait and His timing. Strength began to form as I waited without knowing the when but fully knowing the who. Then He moved like a whirlwind, so suddenly, that I knew it was Him. Five weeks from passing court (the first court date), I am returning to bring Abenezer home. I never anticipated such a quick turn around trip. This time I get to share the expereince with Keith. I know I don't deserve, didn't earn, this favor and stand thankful. I can't explain why some families have seen so many unsuccessful court dates or delays with Embassy clearance. I am praying for those families as they wait for the Whirlwind.

1 comment: