Saturday, July 3, 2010

Washington Dulles IAD

Our excitement is growing as we wait at the Ethiopian airlines gate, D23. This gate feels like an old friend, very familiar. Unlike other flights, this one always leaves from the same place. It reminds me of the adventures that God has taken me on over the past year. I sat at this gate a little over one month ago and met the Johnsons, my traveling buddies, when I traveled to meet Abenezer for the first time. Last summer in June, Lisa Walls, the other members of the VO team and I sat and sat and sat at this gate for the flight that never left (until the next day). We eventually flew out and didn't slow down until we flew back. I know this gate. This time I led Keith to this gate. I am so glad to make the trip with him and introduce him to Ethiopia and our son.

It was hard to leave Joshua this morning as he asked if he was going to Ethiopia. Thankfully, his grandparents have saved the day. They are loving on him all week. I wonder how many times he'll convince them to take him to the "train store."

Next stop: Addis Ababa
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment