Friday, April 9, 2010

Tea and Testimonies at MOPS

"If we live for something bigger than ourselves, we'll never be cheated. We'll never lose out; we will always be given more than our wildest dreams." Tom Davis in Red Letters.



Today I had the opportunity to share my testimony at my MOPS group. When I heard about the opportunity about a month ago, I felt a strong push to sign myself up to speak to about 100 ladies. This was wierd, so unlike me. Public speaking scares me to death. I don't like to be on stage. I don't like the lime light. In fact, I am quite comfortable to be behind the scenes. The problem is that I couldn't remain silent. I am learning to be an advocate for the orphan. God is stirring up a strong passion within me to speak for those that cannot speak for themselves. It's straight out of Proverbs, chapter 31, verse 8.
After speaking, I was so excited to see women picking up AWAA info, Visiting Orphans Upcoming Mission Trip Schedules and Children's Hopechest material. One sweet mom told me she had recently had a dream about walking with an unknown African child and then came to MOPS to unexpectantly hear and see more about Ethiopian and Ugandan orphans. No coincidence!
Although I was scared and wondered if my words would resonate with anyone, I am so thankful for the stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment