Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Letter to Ethiopia

Dear you,
Waiting is one of the hardest things to do. Nothing would be more agonizing than waiting at home for the referral phone call. I think about receiving the call repeatedly throughout my day, especially when the phone rings. I do not stay at home and listen for the phone though. I go out to the grocery store, Costco, Joshua's art class, Starbuck's, the library, the park, bible studies, MOPS, etc. I go out and live life, but always, I am thinking about you. I try to imagine what you look like and how God is developing you. It feels a lot like when I was pregnant with Joshua. My thoughts often switch to you. My concentration is divided these days. My heart is growing larger so I can cover you in love. I can't wait to see your face and hear your name. I am so thankful that God already sees you and knows your name.
Love you,
Momma

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Danielle! I can't wait to see who the Lord has planned for you! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, Danielle, and Joshua CONGRATULATIONS! Your post was a prayer that is now answered. We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your new son! Your letter brought tears to my eyes. In God's timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very precious - a mother's love is only overshadowed by our Heavenly Father's love! It's very powerful! I love you!

    ReplyDelete